Sunday, September 19, 2010

Irritation on top of irritation followed by irritation

I have to start this by saying this whole thing I'm about to complain about is something I shouldn't even be whining about because it starts with me taking for granted that my mom usually does at least part of my laundry for me. But I'm gonna complain anyway because I'm mad.

I started a big load of laundry at home and put it in the dryer before I left for the afternoon, assuming that because it happens every. other. time., that my mom would at least take my clothes out when the dryer buzzed and then I would fold them when I came back to get them later. So I go down to get my clothes when I get home again, hours after putting them in the dryer, and everything is still wet. Annoyed. It's already 7 and after being out all day, I just wanna get back to my apartment, like immediately. It's just what I want. So, I put the clothes back in, start it up again and go to the Chinese restaurant to get myself dinner since obviously, I have another hour to wait at home before I can get my clothes. Tonight, the food was not good. It was like... you know you're gonna get sick as you eat it... so I stopped eating and threw it out. Annoyed again. Finally, I hear the buzz of the dryer and go back downstairs to get my stuff. IT IS STILL WET. WHY??? WHY TONIGHT?? Why right now when all I wanna do is go home? WHY??? Oh, because the belt on the drum snapped and is therefore unfixable tonight. FanFREAKINGtastic.

The thing that makes me really mad is that I have to hang up all my clothes at 8 at night on the clothesline in the basement and ergo cannot take them home and hang them up in my closet in rainbow order like I do EVERY Sunday night and feel ready for the week. Instead, I have to go back to the house tomorrow at 4:30 when cheerleading is over and take them down and fold them and probably let Racer out because he'll have to go and that will take an extra 10 minutes and then bring my clothes home and scramble to put them away and do everything else I need to do before the plans I have at night and I don't like that. I hate having to scramble.

Here's where I don't have a right to complain but that is not going to stop me. ALL of this could have been avoided if my mom had just checked the dryer when she came home like she does every. single. other. time I do laundry at home. She would have checked them, felt they were still wet, tried them again, realized something was wrong with the dryer and probably hung them up on the line hours before I did it and they probably would have been dry enough for me to take home tonight. It's not that I expect her to do it FOR me so that I don't have to, it's that if someone else had checked earlier, it all could have been avoided and I couldn't be that person because I wasn't there. If I had been, I WOULD have done it myself.

SO irritated and I don't care if it's wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment