As long as I've worked at camp, 8 years, I've complained about having no downtime on either end of the summer between camp and whatever job or school experience bookends it. How STUPID was I?
For the first time in 8 years, I'm not working at camp and while I do miss it, I don't miss it enough to go back. What I miss is being occupied. Since school ended on June 21st, I have not worked and I am BORED OUT OF MY FREAKING MIND. I can't imagine how annoying I've been to my friends, who are mostly adults with families of their own, with the constant texting. "Hey, wanna hang out?", "Whatcha doin?", "You workin today?", "Wanna go for a walk?" Blah Blah Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Put me back to work.
Having all this time to "relax" is stressing me out. I know I didn't work full-time to begin with at school but at least my days were somewhat full. Now, I have to actively work to make plans so that I'm not sitting my apartment alone, twiddling my thumbs and watching "Saved By the Bell" reruns... which, yes, are still going strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment