Once in a great while, a song will come along that just puts everything into perspective and clears all the clouds away. I found such a song today and I legit cannot stop listening to it. It's basically been on repeat since I got home this weekend from a fabulous weekend in Ohio.
Grenade by Bruno Mars. I can't explain it really without sitting down with you and playing the song and talking over it annoyingly and every once in a while stopping it and being like "Now, did you hear that part?" or "See the beat there?" - it's everything. It's the lyrics that are a little harsh but still really clever and pointed. It's the beat under the song, kind of like this galloping pace that makes the song sound... urgent, in a way. It's the background vocals that are in perfect sync and harmony that add so much more dimension to the song. It's the emotion that he sings with that makes me feel like he really means what he's saying. You can hear the pain, anger, resentment, and this weird sense of resignation, commitment under duress. I don't think there's a music video for this song but I can picture one in my head that I think would fit it so well. Dark desert plains with a lightning storm behind him and his band while he plays the crap out of the song. Maybe some flamenco dancers to the side. I can see it perfectly in my head. Close your eyes and you can see it too.
This song is just hitting me in a way that I can't explain and I love it when that happens. It makes me feel like there IS someone else who gets it.
No comments:
Post a Comment