I can't believe it's late July already. I find myself in kind of a paradoxical situation because there are days and hours where I feel like time is not moving at all but then I look at the calendar and it's July 23? How the hell did that happen? There are four and a half weeks until school starts again and I know that I have a lot planned, I just hope the time passes at the right pace.
I have a goal for August 14 - to be under a certain weight and I need to remind myself of that. Constantly. It's completely doable; I just need a reminder every day. Before I crack that beer or reach for the oreos. The end. The end is in sight.
I got to feel a baby kick from the inside for the first time yesterday and there are no words to describe it but I'll try. I honestly don't know how I, baby-lover that I am, have gone my whole life without ever feeling a baby kick before. I went to lunch with Jenn, who I haven't seen in 3 years but it was like no time had passed - well, minus the fact that she's 7 months pregnant, and after we were done eating, she put her hand on her belly and was like, "Wow, he's kicking up a storm." She let me feel and he stopped. So we're sitting there, my arm outstretched across the table and pressed into her stomach, going "come on...come on..." and BAM. It's so cliche to say but it really did feel like an alien... punching at me from inside like, "HEY GET OFF ME." It was amazing.
It's kind of funny how immune to "I want this" disease I'm able to stay while I'm surrounded by friends who are all getting married and pregnant. I am SO happy for every single one of them and some day, I can't wait to experience that all myself but the more I see it, the more I think to myself - there is no way I could handle a baby right now... I mean, I would if I had no other choice but for now, being Auntie Dana is perfectly fine for me... and so is being a bridesmaid.
Simply because I'm so excited about things coming: Beach with Liz, Larkyn's 2nd Birthday Party, John Mayer in Mass., John Mayer at the Meadows, Cruise to Jamaica, Red Sox game. Whew.
No comments:
Post a Comment