Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Why? Why would you? Why?

Okay, let's get down to it. First full day of Operation Shhh... marginally successful. It's unrealistic to think that I can keep myself completely separated from technology but my participation has been kept to a minimal level, which I'm very proud of.

Texts Recieved: 9
Texts Sent (in response only): 5
Texts Sent First: Only 1 and I had to do it because my bartender friend's wife had their first baby today and I had to tell Rachel.
Times I cheated and jumped on Facebook: I totally lost count sometime this afternoon but I didn't do anything; I just looked.

I'm starting to realize that this experiment might evolve into just kind of keeping track of how often I turn to virtual as opposed to real. To my credit - I did make 3 phone calls today that would have otherwise been texts.

The increase in productivity continued today: I made myself a real lunch and made enough for me to eat tomorrow, I took a 2-mile walk while talking on the phone, I went to Michael's and got myself a Prism Designs book, which basically is just a glorified coloring book and I'm not ashamed. Who says adults aren't allowed to color for pleasure? I did one of the pages in it and you know what, it looks great and it took me like an hour and a half.

I had a couple of weird dreams last night. One I wish was true, one I woke up from thinking "no effing way."

My neighbor who I wrote about earlier today, I actually had a conversation with, at the end of which he said, "We should have a drink sometime." and then he called me "Sweetie." Why? Why would you do that? Do you realize that my ability to make polite conversation does not in any way demonstrate a desire to drink with you so you can call me Sweetie some more? Sorry, Pete. Ain't gonna happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment