Thursday, July 28, 2011

Good things!!

It occurred to me today how great my life is going.


-- I am excited to be starting grad school after years of being convinced I would never go back.
-- I have maintained a 90-lb weight loss for more than a year and I've never been in better shape than I am right now.
-- I've been making improvements to my apartment that are making it even more homey and reflective of my personality. I feel totally at home here.
-- I really do feel like I can do anything - and what's more, I WANT to do so much more.


This is so exciting!


Also - this morning, I went to put on my socks and sneakers, so that I could go straight to my parents' house and take Racer for a walk after school, and I put my socks on, left foot first, right food second and then I picked up my right sneaker. I could have very easily put my right sneaker on and gone on with my business but instead, I put it down, picked up my left sneaker and put that on first. Why? Why did I have to put down a perfectly good shoe to put the other one on first? Does handedness extend to little things like what shoe you put on first? What hand you use to scratch a bug bite? What hand you use to zip up your pants? I don't know why but that struck me as interesting this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment