Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Year of the Ones

I felt it even before New Year's, but now it feels even more certain - 2011 is going to be dominated by the number 1 and variations of it. I don't know why, but now more than ever, I see myself noticing every time the clock hits 11:11 or 1:11 and think "Make a Wish." Ideally, that will have some power behind it.

Since I got my new GPS for Christmas, I've had an itch to travel, more specifically, to drive... with no clear destination, just to see where I end up. I realize that for a GPS to be effective, you're supposed to enter a destination, which means you would have to know where you're going first but still... I want to go places I haven't been before. That feeling is new for me.

I really want to lose this last 20 lbs. The entire fall I've been hovering and thinking that that is okay and it's time for me to change my mind. It's not okay. I'm not at my target and I can't give up now and think "Well, I have come a long way, this is good enough." Nope. It's not. Don't get me wrong, it IS good, it's great, but it's not the end. My biggest problem isn't that I make excuses, it's that I sit and think and think and think about working out or going for a walk, or making a really healthy dinner and I don't actually get my butt up and do the thing I'm thinking about. I feel like this is a running theme in my life (one that I've made a lot of progress with but still recurrent) - thinking about doing something and sitting on my butt instead of getting up and making it happen. That just doesn't cut it. It doesn't accomplish anything. Sometimes I need a kick though...like someone else to come along and say "Get your ass in gear, what are you waiting for?"

Feel free to kick me in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment