Friday, August 27, 2010

Epiphany

I just had an amazing epiphany that I don't know what to do with and don't want to forget.

It wasn't even like it was something I was mulling over for a long time and eventually came to this conclusion - it was like I had the end-resulting a ha! moment first and then worked backwards from it to see if I was correct. The epiphany (which, surprisingly, is a very difficult word to type) is this: Literally anyone I consider to be a friend, a real true friend, not a "facebook" friend, can be designated to one of three different subgroups: A) is/was married. B) pregnant or a current parent or C) moving/living far away from me.

You don't believe me? Try it. If you're reading this and you're not my mom (which would still count because she fits into group A and group B), you fall into one (sometimes 2 and even in a few cases, 3) of these 3 categories. Rachel is moving - group C. Kate is married and lives in Texas - group a and group c. Cara is married and lives in Washington - group a and group c. Jenn is married, pregnant and living in Oregon - groups a,b and c. Vanessa lives in Boston - group c. Allie lives in Boston - group c. J.Rho has kids and once was married - a and b. Bena is married and has 4 kids - groups a and b. You see what I mean? And I could keep going. Want me to list every friend I have? I could do it.

I have NO idea what this means, or if it even means anything at all. Like I said, the a ha moment came first and the analysis came after. I can't even rightly call it analysis, it's more of like... fact-checking. Yep, I'm right about that one, that one, that one. This epiphany didn't come out of self-pity, bitterness, loneliness - honestly, I don't know where it came from but there it is, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment